Cost: USD 38 Million
Client: Ministry of Public Works and Housing
Consultant: Engicon Consultancy
Location: Amman-Zarqa Highway, Jordan
Status: 95% completed
This project includes the construction, completion of Bus Rapid Transit lanes within the middle of the existing Amman – Al-Zarqa Road in addition to widening the road to three lanes in each direction.
This package includes but not limited to the following:
- Construction of approximately (4.23 Km) BRT lanes (2 lanes) in the middle of the existing highway road which includes earthworks and pavement structures.
- Widening the highway road on both sides to accommodates BRT lanes in addition to 3 highway lanes on each side for each direction.
- Construction of all related civil works for bus terminal stations.
- Demolishing of existing bridges, and construction of 3 major new overpasses and bridges.
- Construction of AlMazare’ underpass and extension of existing underpasses.
- Construction of temporary detours as deemed necessary.
- Construction of retaining walls.
- Construction of drainage structures, consisting of box and pipe culverts, storm system and protection works.
- Relocation of utilities that obstruct the construction and construction of new telecommunication, sewage, electrical networks.
- Construction of steel structure pedestrian bridges.
- Construction of new highway and interchanges lighting system.
- Construction of new DI water pipes of 7,500 meters with diameters varying 100mm – 600mm