Cost: USD 17 Million
Client: Airport International Group
Consultant: Aertes Solutions (Spain)
Location: Amman, Jordan
Status: 100% completed
Works were bounded by the 4080m x 300m runway strip plus two 240m x 150m Runway End Safety Areas (RESAs) beyond each end of the runway strip. In addition, the full extent of both approach lighting systems was also part of the scope of the Project.
- The works can be divided into six main areas: Runway paved areas (runway, runway shoulders and stop ways) - 297,000 sqm Approximately. Works in these areas include cracks reparation (most are superficial but some require deep repairs), milling and full reconstruction of the top course, safeguarding of airfield lighting systems, minor relocation of most inset runway lights and associated electrical works.
- Graded portion of the runway strip - 289,000 sqm approximately. Works include delethalisation of all existing concrete elements, elimination of obstacles, general grading, clearing and compaction as per ICAO requirements - Runway End Safety Areas - 72,000 sqm approximately. Works include delethalisation of all concrete elements, elimination of obstacles, general Grading, clearing and compaction as per ICAO requirements, relocation of Localizer Antenna, its shelter and its associated Near Field Monitor.
- Non-graded portion of the runway strip -586,000 sqm approximately, Works comprise general clearing as per ICAO requirements.
- Taxiway paved areas - 52,000 sqm approximately. Works includes expansion Works includes expansion of the existing taxiway paved shoulders, relocation of taxiway centerlines lights and associated electrical works.
- Airfield lighting systems. All airfield lighting systems were refurbished in order to bring the whole runway airfield lighting system back into full CAT II operation.