Cost: USD 3 Million
Client: Ministry of Public Works and Housing
Consultant: Associated Consolidated Consultants (PCI)
Location: Al-Karak, Jordan
Status: 100% completed
Scope: The project consists of two parts:
(A) Reconstruction of Tourist Streets in the City Center of Karak.
- Excavation of the streets and reconstruction of pavement layers.
- Construction of infrastructure in the main streets in Karak such as water pipelines network which comprises of DIP pipes and HDPE networks, sewer network and electrical sleeving.
- 15 km of streets in one month only.
- Basalt stone tiling for main streets and stone curbs and stone tiling sidewalks.
- Shops thresholds, stairs, stone monuments, stone cladding and miscellaneous works.
- Street furniture such as signage, electrical lighting, stone benches, garbage briskets and planting works.
- Construction of two sites for observation which include the construction of Service buildings, Cafeterias and Toilets as well as one open stone cladded theater.
- Construction of special foot pathways for Karak Castle and restoration works for facades and stone cladding and stone steps inside the castle.
(B) Restoration & Rehabilitation Works:
Project Budget: JD 1.25 Million
- Karak Castle Museum: Renovation and Rehabilitation works including all civil and architectural works, mechanical & electrical works and providing the museum with special showcases and exhibition corners including electrical and lighting works.
- Karak Castle Pathways: Rehabilitation of Existing Castle pathways, stone cladding and stone steps tiling and decorative works.
- Karak Visitors Center: Renovation and restoration works for the existing old building inside and in front facade.